Every year the Nautical Archaeology Society travels the country to do illustrated talks to groups interested in learning more about archaeology and the work of the NAS.
We have visited local history and archaeology societies, diving clubs, branches of the Women's Institute (with their lovely cakes), Rotary branches as well as giving presentations at conferences.
If you would like a talk at your event or to your group please Contact Us letting us know who you are, where you are and when you meet.
We would then try to find an NAS speaker near to you and all we ask for is a donation to cover some of the travel costs.
Recent talks have included:
- The Royal Southern Yacht Club, Hamble, Hampshire
- Hendon and District Archaeological Society
- BSAC Special Branch at the RAC, London
- New Forest Archaeological Society
- Thames Discovery Programme Conference, London
- South Coast Branch of the World Ship Society, Brighton
- Severnside Sub-Aqua Club, Bristol
- Diverse 2011, Guildford
- Scottish Sub-Aqua Club Conference, Eyemouth
- Friends of Southend Museum
- New Horizons Dive Centre, Maccelsfield
- Bramston Branch of the British Sub-Aqua Club
- Cambridge University Underwater Exploration Club
- Ashington Historical Society
- Sussex Scuba, East Grinstead