2014 Nautical Archaeology Society Summer Field School at Northwestern Michigan College. Has an exciting event planned that offers many unique courses and training opportunities.
The dates of the field school are July 12th - 27th July, 2014.
Most of the detailed information concerning the field school can be accessed via the internet at: www.nasnmc.com. Under the 2014 NAS Field School tab at the top of the main page you can find information on: the aims and objectives of the field school, course schedule, frequently asked questions, prices and package deals, printable booking form and flyer.
There are many course options and both package deals and al-a-carte pricing are available. You may attend just a single day-long courses or the entire two-week long event. Feel free to sign up for courses as your schedule allows. These are great courses to have on your resume if you are considering a post-graduate degree in anthropology
Courses Offered during the field school are:
- Introduction to Nautical Archaeology
- NAS Level One Certification
- NAS Level Two Field Projects
NAS Level Three Classes:
- Archaeological Surveying using a total station
- Artifact Drawing and Archaeological Illustration
- Documentary Research
- Flint Knapping
- Native American Settlement in the Upper Great Lakes
- ROV Construction
- Ship and Boat Construction
- Underwater and Artifact Photography
- Using Site Recorder 4 (Archaeological site drawing software)
- Video Editing in Archaeology